About Dr. Malka Golden-Wolfe, PhD, LMFT
You Might Want to Know……
Malka Golden-Wolfe, Ph.D., LMFT, has been enlightening people with her insights, wisdom and art for over 42 years.
She was educated in a traditional university setting and has also been trained in Native American Teachings, Goddess Traditions and Kabbalah. She is a very experienced facilitator, speaker and teacher who, for decades, has mentored, counseled and inspired women, men, teens and families internationally.
As a psychotherapist, medicine woman, writer, artist, psychic, healer and wise woman, her life’s work is to serve the Divine Source through spreading wisdom, understanding and awakened consciousness.
- Implemented, wrote a grant, obtained federal funding and was honored by California State and Local Government for the Creation of “The Big Sister” program while Program Director of the YWCA in San Fernando Valley, California. The Big Sister program has now expanded across the United States, matching women, with young girls in a mentoring relationship.
- Presenter at “Women Leading Edge of the New Age” Palos Verdes, California
- Presenter at the Association for Women in Psychology annual conference; Long Beach, California; Atlanta, Georgia
- Presenter at the 6th International Congress of Family Therapy; Jerusalem, Israel
- Presenter at the Judaism, Feminism and Psychology conference; Seattle, Washington
- Producer and Conference Coordinator of Crone Council III, Celebrating Our Lives; Scottsdale, Arizona
- Producer and Conference Coordinator, “Healing Ourselves, Healing the Planet I,” for International Council of WiseWomen; Sedona, Arizona
- Mentor and Presenter at the “Healing Ourselves, Healing the Planet II;” Tiburon, California for the International Council of WiseWomen
- Producer and Conference Coordinator of “Awakening the Vision” for the International Council of WiseWomen; Sedona, Arizona
- Executive Director and Founder of the Universal Goddess Center in Malibu, San Diego and Los Angeles California
- Executive Director and Founder of the Sedona Children’s and Elder’s Project and the “International Council of WiseWomen” In Sedona Arizona a non-profit organization For Families and Women of Age
- Specialist in conducting assessments to determine Medical Functional Ability and coordinating placements in Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Facilities, Hospitals, EARC Dementia facilities and Adult Family homes for the Elderly and Disabled
- Participant in numerous trainings and workshops focused on Aging, Dementia and Mental Disorders
Awards and Recognitions:
- Received for contributions to the community and specifically for the “Big Sisters” program: STATE SENATE RESOLUTION #599
- COMMENDATION by the County of Los Angeles for “Big Sisters program”
- RECOGNITION AND APPRECIATION by the Los Angeles county Probation Department
- “Playing and Working Together” A New Approach to Family Living – workbook for family therapy.
- Publisher and contributor of the Quarterly Newsletter for the International Council of WiseWomen
- “Malka a Total Celebration” A synthesis of Eastern and Western Religion and my life. “A survival Manuel for life”
Membership in Professional Organizations:
- Clinical member in the American Association for Marriage and Family therapy
- Clinical member in the Washington Chapter American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy